1. Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien.
2. Must be lawfully present in the United States.
3. Must be at least 21 years of age.
4. Not under indictment or have not been convicted of a felony in the U.S. or elsewhere.
5. Not convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.
6. Not under court order (i.e. order of protection, harassment, etc.)
7. Not a fugitive from justice.
8. Not a user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
9. Not been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
10. Have never renounced U.S. citizenship.
11. Do not suffer from mental illness and have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution.
12. Have satisfactorily completed a (8 hours) Certification Course.
Training must take place within Arizona.